Rethinking facilities management to reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Streamlined existing processes to improve effectiveness and reduce costs
- Consolidated 16 service elements into one service agreement for new tendering process
The facilities management operations at Centrica, the multinational energy and services company with a portfolio of 1.6m m2, had remained unchanged for 10 years.
Operated through a managing agent and six main service suppliers, Drees & Sommer UK were appointed to review and streamline processes in order to improve effectiveness and reduce costs.
In the first phase, a new strategy was implemented on the existing facilities management operation to improve efficiency and a subsequent phase looked at procurement.
Sixteen service elements across 140 sites were consolidated into one service agreement and tender document which met all of Centrica’s project criteria.
|Type of project:|
UK & ROI
- Facilities Management Contract & Services Specification
- Project Management of Facilities Management Tender
- Real Estate Consulting
- Strategic Facilities Management Consulting