Sustainable building with vision
The public, political leaders and industry face huge challenges: A responsible attitude towards nature, climate-friendly energy technology, economical use of resources and access to clean drinking water are criteria that will decide our future. This applies in particular to buildings, especially with regard to their profitability. In view of an operating life of 40 to 80 years, property owners and principals are faced with key questions.
What is still marketable today?
The general public, politics and industry faced great challenges in view of climate change and the continually increasing global demand for natural resources. The combination of ecological and economic sustainability is the order of the day for the real estate industry. Nonetheless, there are many questions on the path to sustainable buildings.
- Sustainable buildings result in complex interactions between individual trades, such as between the building envelope and building services equipment. What is the best way to coordinate these?
- How do you plan and implement economically feasible new buildings or refurbishments against the background of international certification standards for Green Buildings?
- How can one ensure that the building delivers on what the planning promises, thus guaranteeing sustainability in operation?
- What tools can be used to ensure that the finished Green Building was built in such a way that the targeted eco rating is achieved?
Green Building solutions for new and existing buildings and portfolios
As a founding member of the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB, ÖGNI, SGNI), member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), member of the Green Rating Alliance, and user of the Building Research Establishment Assessment Method (BREEAM) and the German sustainable construction evaluation System (BNB), we are experts for Green Buildings and their certification schemes.
Based on decades of experience in design and construction of sustainable buildings, we support you from the initial idea and concepts for new buildings and the analysis as well as optimization of existing buildings or entire property portfolios right through to certification and optimization of building operation. You benefit from
- Securing and increasing the market value of your building
- Competitive edge on the property market as the result of optimal certification and detailed environmental assessment
- Ecological sustainability and long-term economy thanks to lifecycle assessment
- In view of the current climate change debate, protection against possible future carbon pricing through carbonneutral Green Building concepts
- Special controlling to ensure that targeted building quality and operational outcomes are achieved
- Optimization of operational management and reduction of operating costs
- Portfolio optimization through lean approaches to energy and sustainability
In the meantime, various certificates have established themselves in the marketplace. For us, the selection of the most appropriate and economic label is important aspect of the certification process.