2017 - 2019
approx. € 100 million
CA Immo has constructed the cube berlin office building as a stand-alone structure in a prominent location directly on Washingtonplatz at Berlin Central StationDrees & Sommer provided integral support in this project, ranging from facade technology, complete planning of technical building services, energy design, building physics, FM consulting, Lean Construction Management to concept development and digitalisation consulting.
As a Customised Smart Building, the cube berlin brings together innovative and sustainable technology, architecture and atmosphere - to provide a smart future for people and the environment. It is equipped with artificial intelligence connectivity, that will recognise the needs of its users and respond to them efficiently.
This integral collaboration has made it possible to realise a highly efficient all-glass building while ensuring the highest standards of comfort.
The balanced mix of ecological, social and economic sustainability criteria will also enable certification by the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB) in gold and a 30% undercut of the ENEV standard.
- Implementation of new digital business models
- Implementation of a holistic digitisation strategy
- Novel user and convenience functions such as intelligent access control including elevator call, operation of all functions via smartphone app, booking system for office/parking and special areas, etc.
- Digital support for FM operations
- Utilisation analyses and operational optimisations
- Self-learning building and energy savings through AI and state-of-the-art technology
- Requirements management / conceptual design / construction support / commissioning digitalisation
- Software consulting
- Façade planning support
- Planning TGA
- Energy design