Industrial & Production Plant
ORION, TARRAGONA, SPAIN
DOW (Corporate Facilities department)
2018 – 2020
Gross floor area
2,900 m2 (New buildings 1,000 sqm (WH)+ 400 sqm (laydown) + 900 sqm (Q building)+600 sqm (LAB))
Teckno-Bau Ibérica & Technip
The ORION project in Tarragona site included the following subprojects:
- Altering existing facilities in two buildings (P & Q Buildings) to relocate R&D equipment from other DOW sites in Europe. The alterations in building Q included an increase of 900 sqm area.
- Building a new warehouse of 1,000 sqm with a laydown area of 400 sqm.
- Purchase and installation of new R&D-equipment (Ethylene Copolymers for Packaging (ECP)) which power consumption required an upgrade of the electrical substation.
- The project success guaranteed the consolidation of R&D department in Tarragona at a global level.
- D&S brings the legal knowledge of the construction phase according to the local regulation.
- D&S provided a management service that would not be covered locally by DOW.
- Project Management
- Tendering process
- Cost and Time management
- Commissioning management
- H&S supervision