Campus networks have to be wireless. The communications infrastructure has to meet these four minimum requirements to ensure the reliability of processes: high bandwidth, high availability, low latency, and data security. Campus networks meet these requirements and can take different forms: You can have a public network provided by a mobile network operator, establish a private corporate network, or have a combination of the two. Depending on the type, the campus network is then available at defined locations such as production halls, company buildings and depots, either to all or only to selected network users.
- Has your wireless LAN led to faults, delays and outages in your production process?
- Do you need low latency and guaranteed continuous high data rates for your production processes?
- Do you want to operate, control and manage a local network with your own frequency range?
- Do you need a standalone network operated for you by a mobile network operator?
- Check if production standards (IoT, AI, Machine Type Communication (MTC)
- Situation analysis and determination of requirements
- Competition analysis
- Review of security
“Is a campus network an option for me? Is it appropriate? Will it meet my requirements?” We advise customers who are asking themselves these questions. We take a step-by-step approach, starting with a situation analysis. We then establish requirements. We draw up a requirements catalogue, define use cases, design the campus network, apply to the appropriate regulatory agency for frequencies, prepare the planning documents and coordinate rollout.
Situation analysis, determination of requirements, creation of requirements catalogue, definition of use cases, design of the campus network, application to the appropriate regulatory agency or frequencies, development of planning documents, project coordination during rollout.
- Holistic consulting from applications to the most appropriate type of campus network
- Consulting and support on the use of subsidies
- A single source for holistic interdisciplinary consulting on data centres, security, etc.
Whether you are looking for support with data centres or IT infrastructure, Drees & Sommer offers innovative solutions from the initial concept to operation – solutions that take into account both increasingly stringent standards for security and energy efficiency and greater expectations with regard to profitability. Our team always addresses your specific requirements and ensures security, availability and data flow within your company and/or data centre throughout the project.