To what extent are you impacted by the structural change in the healthcare sector?
- Are you having to change the current use of your hospital as the result of economic constraints or the consolidation of sites and services?
- Can the facility be successfully repurposed?
- Are there value creation considerations regarding the hospital building that has been closed down?
- Is sale of the property an option?
- Is a campus approach to use of space by tertiary services a possibility?
Our approach to hospital repurposing concepts
As part of a thorough feasibility study, our experts first undertake a property valuation with Technical Due Diligence (TDD), and draw up a market and site analysis taking possible repurposing options into account. The final report includes rough cost estimates, thus providing a decision document. The revitalization process can then start, with Drees & Sommer defining the measures required, establishing an organizational structure, and estimating the investment costs. This is followed by actual implementation.
The benefits for you
- Value creation for existing real estate
- Appropriate repurposing ideas instead of costly vacancy
- Revenue increase through leasing or one-time income from sale
- Targeted exit strategy as a source of income
- Expansion of product portfolio or business plan
- Campus approach through involvement of tertiary services
Would you like to know more about repurposing concepts for hospitals?
More SOLUTIONS FOR THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR
With interdisciplinary teams of architects, doctors and engineers, Drees & Sommer develops solutions for hospitals of all sizes. Services provided include consulting on processes, developing medical concepts, and supporting clients with planning, implementation and operation.