11 October 2022: Real Estate Talk
This event took place on Tuesday, October 11th, 2022.
After the successful start of our event series in Germany (e.g. Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt), our next talk will make an international stop in Amsterdam, the Netherlands: There, our experts will address the opportunities and challenges around the hot topic "Mixed-Use-Districts - It's the Mix that creates a real Society". Join us live in Amsterdam at the World Fashion Center (WFC), or online via our digital livestream.
Cities are places for human relationships. Therefore, it is important to create places for these relationships that make them possible. For this to succeed, it is important to consider different user needs and requirements when developing a new city district. In a lively neighbourhood we can be at home, we can work, there are enough opportunities for recreation and culture, we can welcome guests and the shopping facilities for daily needs are available. Successful neighbourhood developments show that the mix creates a lively local community and identity.
It is important to ensure that the topics of climate neutrality, digital services and mobility transformation are aligned with social and political goals from the very beginning, both in planning and later implementation. For example, climate change shows that without a sustainably oriented economy, there is no way forward in the future. What there is to do in the short, medium and long term - we would like to discuss with you.
Real Estate Talk:
Mixed-Use Urban Districts - "It's the Mix that creates a real Society"
Program in short - Tuesday 11 October 2022:
- 3.00 - 3.45 PM - Presentation and guided tour by MRP on mixed-use project WFC
- Main Program
4.00 - 4.30 PM - Digital impulses by Vishaan Chakrabarti and Eran Chen
4.30 - 5.30 PM - Panel discussion with real estate experts
5.30 - 7.30 PM - Get-together with finger food and cool drinks
IMPULSE KEYNOTES FROM WORLDWIDE KNOWN EXPERTS:
- Vishaan Chakrabarti is the Founder and Creative Director of Practice for Architecture and Urbanism I PAU (New York City). Vishaan is the former Director of the Manhattan Office for the New York Department of City Planning under Mayor Michael Bloomberg and has been a Principal at major well-known architecture firms before he started PAU. He is a frequent speaker for urban development and sustainable housing: Watch here his much-noticed speech at a TED Talk: Vishaan Chakrabarti: A vision of sustainable housing for all of humanity | TED Talk
- Eran Chen is the Founding Principal and Executive Director of New York architectural firm ODA. Since establishing the office in 2007 he has become one of the most prolific architects in New York. His work has been widely published around the world and he is a frequent speaker at design and development forums, as well as architecture schools including Columbia University and The Technion in Haifa. One of the recent projects of ODA is the renovation of the former post office in Rotterdam – a new Mixed-Use-Highrise project for the Developer OMNAM Group with project management by Drees & Sommer. More information: ODA-Architecture POST Rotterdam
PANEL DISCUSSION WITH REAL ESTATE EXPERTS:
We look forward to discussing key guiding theses with the following confirmed experts:
- Galyna Permyakova, Director Real Estate Development, PATRIZIA Netherlands
- Bart Meijer, CEO and founder, MRP
- Haris Piplas, Urban Design, Planning and Development, Drees & Sommer
Our key guiding theses are:
- Districts are defined as ecosystems with their own hardware, software and soulware.
- Lifestyles and user behaviour are undergoing massive change. And with that, the demands on real estate are also changing.
- Entire cities, districts and buildings will be built circularly and become their own natural resource depots.
- Modular buildings and floor plans allow different usage scenarios for multiple asset classes – key is function.
3 PM - 3.45 PM | MRP is pleased to offer you a short introduction and a guided tour of the WFC project before the panel discussion. You will get exciting insights into this future mixed-use development.