Westfalen AG, new construction plant Gelmer
approx. €22 million net
With the opening of a plant in Münster-Gelmer, the Westfalen Group has further expanded its capacities and enlarged its product portfolio with an investment of around 20 million euros. The new filling and logistics site for gases successfully went into operation after 27 months of construction. Significant parts of the plant areas that were previously located at the Gremmendorf plant have found a new home here.
Flammable and non-flammable refrigerants are now filled and recycled on the 100,000 square metre site. In addition to the necessary ancillary facilities, the new plant includes an operations and social building, a workshop, storage areas for filled and empty gas cylinders, a refrigerant filling facility, a decontamination centre, a tox storage facility for water-polluting substances and a commissioning facility for transport. Safety on the factory premises is ensured by automatic fire extinguishing systems, drip pans, special storage facilities for technical gases and underground tanks.
The project is characterised by the use of new technologies for Westfalen AG. In particular, by filling and processing flammable refrigerants, the Westfalen Group is actively promoting the transition from classic refrigerants, so-called partially fluorinated hydrocarbons, to more climate-friendly - partly flammable - alternatives.
- Continuous transparency regarding project goals, costs and deadlines
- Sound basis for decision-making and active decision management
- Relief for the project manager through preparation of meetings and steering committees
- Expert support for coordination with suppliers and on-site meetings
- 360-degree analysis and project set-up
- Support during the immission control authorisation procedure in accordance with the Federal Immission Control Act (BImSchG)
- Project management including risk management
- Commissioning management