Upgrading instead of tearing down
Lifestyles and user habits are undergoing a massive shift, which is also triggering changes in the demands placed on real estate. In addition, the climate targets, ESG requirements and the collective experience of the coronavirus pandemic, which is accelerating this transition that investors and property owners have to meet.
In the dossier "Upgrade instead of tearing down: The best years are yet to come" we have explored various elements of refurbishment and revitalisation of existing properties. From different perspectives, we shed light on why now is a good time is to fundamentally upgrade the existing properties in your portfolio.
How will you ensure that your buildings remain fit for the future?
Depending on the asset class, portfolio owners face different challenges:
- Which space concept will keep my office property attractive for tenants in the future - instead of being rented out?
- How can I compensate for the expected fall in business travel with my hotel property?
- What will become of my retail property? Will a new mix of residential, logistics, retail and hospitality uses bring about a turnaround?
- Does my residential property still meet the changed wishes of its users?
- For all asset classes, it is a matter of making existing buildings sustainable, digital, user-focused and economical.
Our dossier provides possible solutions. Download now!