Content with added value, sustainable products that inspire, and a common vision for a sustainable future – all at the Urban Sustainability Hub powered by Drees & Sommer.
From June 22 to 24, the former Tegel Airport – as the venue for the Greentech Festival initiated by Formula 1 world champion Nico Rosberg – was all about sustainability. This year’s theme was ‘Celebrate change’. Drees & Sommer participated for the first time with an Urban Sustainability Hub. Products and solutions for the green future of cities, buildings and the construction industry were presented in collaboration with 17 partners.
At the adjacent Smart City Plaza hosted by Drees & Sommer and Urban Beta, experts discussed smart cities and buildings, urban mining, recyclable products and modular buildings in microsessions. Colleagues also provided mini-tours of the hub for visitors. Speakers included the Cradle to Cradle pioneers from EPEA GmbH – Part of Drees & Sommer and the developers of the revolutionary Madaster material database.
The hub’s recipe for success is based on the principle that you cannot bring about change on your own, but only in partnership with others.
The highlights of the festival were:
- Visitors from all sectors
- Presentation of the GREEN AWARDS as a kick-off event on June 22
- Steffen Szeidl acted as moderator of a deep dive at the GTF main stage
- 20 ambassadors and Nico Rosberg visiting the Urban Sustainability Hub
- Hands-on displays of sustainable products
- Presentations at the Smart City Plaza and tours of the hub
- Networking, entrepreneurial and team spirit, and visions of the future