Certification of Potsdamer Platz, Berlin
- Sustainability benefits highlighted by the certificate
- Investor benefits from marketing advantages
- High level of certainty that a good certificate grade would be achieved as Drees & Sommer knew the sustainability concepts from the construction process
- Successful pilot project as a basis for other sustainability strategies within the group
- Green building management
- Green development
- DGNB audit and complete audit trail
- Introduction of web-based software for ongoing monitoring of the CO2 footprint
1991, construction period 1993 –1999
2 October 1998
November 2010 – October 2011
Potsdamer Platz is an inner city district in Berlin with a variety of uses. The certification project consisted of 17 buildings, 10 streets and 2 squares.
In 2011 Potsdamer Platz was the first city district to receive the DGNB (German Sustainable Building Council) Certificate for New Buildings in City Districts (NSQ).