Roche Building 2
F. Hoffmann La Roche AG
Herzog & de Meuron, Basel
December 2014 – second quarter of 2022
approx. CHF 550 million
85,460 square meters
At an overall height of 205 meters, the new office tower for F. Hoffmann La Roche AG is the tallest building in Switzerland. It houses around 2,300 office workstations, as well as zones designed to promote communication and collaboration. In addition, various special-use floors are planned with state-of-the-art meeting and video-conferencing rooms, along with two cafeterias and a lounge on the top floor of the 47th story.
The building tapers from 32m x 59m on the first floor to 32 m x 16 m on the 49th floor. It is supported by two, upwardly stepped reinforced concrete cores, which are fixed in the three-story basement structure.
The project plays a pioneering role in BIM implementation (digital twin) and the use of digital processes.
- planning coordination architecture/construction
- facade technology
- construction physics
- technical building services coordination (MEP/HVAC))
- HVAC planning
- energy design
- construction logistics planning
- user management
- cost and schedule management
- documentation steering and control
- BIM coordination
- preparation of invitations to tender and support for the awarding of contracts
- project support in relation to sustainability