Romaco Headquarters, Italy
The Romaco Group, with its Italian headquarters near Bologna, is a leading global manufacturer of packing and process technology offering solutions for customers from the pharmaceutical industry. The company has seen significant growth in turnover in recent years, inevitably requiring to expand its premises by building a new facility.
The new Romaco headquarters cover an area of approx. 15,000 sq. m. divided into three blocks: production, logistics, and management, all designed with great attention to sustainability and environmental compatibility according to the core principles of the Romaco Group and in full harmony with the "the blue way" philosophy of Drees & Sommer.
Drees & Sommer provided Romaco with project and construction management services in close synergy with Romaco's top management in order to achieve not only cost, quality, and time objectives but also to adapt its strategic goals to the changing environment. Drees & Sommer has also supported Romaco during the whole process with procurement activities or the interface supplies with the site, assistance to the plant commissioning, and monitoring of the acceptance of construction works.
To achieve the goals of the project and also cope with the criticality of the pandemic emergency and all the risk factors external to the project, Drees & Sommer intensified its commitment even further by supporting Romaco in change and risk management activities.
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Management of the commissioning phase
- Monitoring of the acceptance of construction works
- Change and Risk Management
- Success with cost, quality, and time objectives
- New headquarters with sustainable production facilities, focusing on aspects such as energy and material efficiency and reduction of CO2 emissions.
- Successfully managing external risk factors such as the global pandemic