Rail infrastructure requires greater capacity to ensure a transition to climate-friendly transport
The key aims:
- New lines will relieve the burden on the overall system.
- Additional lines will connect suburbs, which are witnessing particularly strong growth in conurbations.
- An expanded rail network will improve the capacity of existing connections.
- New lines/tunnels reduce the pressure on key terminus stations.
- Disused lines are reactivated.
- Signal boxes and rail operation have been digitized through installation of the European Train Control System (ETCS).
- Stations have been adapted to cope with increased passenger flow.
We need to work together to plan, construct and commission projects promptly, efficiently, and to a high standard. These tasks are extremely complex. They require expertise and experience in structuring, planning and managing the projects.
OUR SOLUTION APPROACH
We can support your projects with solutions that are digitally and individually focused on your specific requirements and organization. We have many years of experience in setting up and managing major infrastructure projects.
Thanks to our well-founded knowledge of railway infrastructure, we are a reliable and competent partner. Our experts will ensure your success – on both a national and international level. Our priority is to ensure that your schedule and cost targets for commissioning of the infrastructure are met.
- At the start of our consultancy, we analyze the project to find answers to the following questions:
- How should you involve stakeholders?
- How can you achieve the project goals?
- What tasks do you face?
- Where are the interfaces?
- We use a tried and tested digitally supported process for this 360-degree analysis.
- If required, we advise you on your regulatory organization, and on how to optimize your organization and process model.
- We appreciate the benefits of digital project management. In this context, we use IT tools that can be individually adapted. We are also fully familiar with the standard systems used by our customers, or when required, we provide our employees with specific training for the project.
- Project sponsors are expected to complete their projects within a very tight, immovable time frame. At Drees & Sommer we use the following lean management approaches: Lean Construction Management (LCM), Agile Design Management (ADM/planning phase) and Lean Site Management (LSM/construction).
- In addition to project management and project control, we offer standard planning and engineering services for building construction projects. On request, we assume responsibility for general technical planning, or advise you, as the principal, on technical issues.
- In the case of rail line construction, we use reliable and IT-simulated construction phase planning and precise site logistics to help ensure project success.
- Using Building Information Modelling (BIM), we help you coordinate the planning during the planning phase in a way that is efficient and avoids conflicts. We are happy to advise you from the planning stages all the way through to operation of the facilities.
THE BENEFITS FOR YOU
- An experienced and technology-oriented company from the consulting industry supports you through all the project phases.
- Our project management (IPMA/GPM standard) guarantees that ambitious deadlines are reliable met.
- We ensure adherence to budget and hedge against financing risks.
- We conduct an objective assessment of the structures in your organization and your regulatory organization.