Premier Inn St. Pauli – Hotel am DOM
- Central point of contact for all project-related sustainability issues
- Identification of sustainability-related optimization potential
- Application of objective, transparent and independent quality standards and comprehensive analyses
- Safeguarding and increasing market value through internationally recognized sustainability certification
- DGNB certification management and audit
- Building ecology consulting
- Lifecycle assessment and calculation of lifecycle costs
STRABAG Real Estate GmbH
2017 – 2020
Stephen Williams Associates
In November 2020, the Hotel am DOM, developed by STRABAG Real Estate (SRE), opened in Hamburg’s world-famous St. Pauli district. Owned by the British property owner and operator of the same name, it is the fifth Premier Inn in Hamburg. The new building is located in the immediate vicinity of the Reeperbahn and right next to the Heiligengeistfeld (Holy Ghost Field), where the ‘DOM’ – ‘the largest funfair in northern Germany’ – is held several times each year.
In keeping with the location, the building design created by Stephen Williams Associates is reminiscent of a ship’s hull. In addition to 219 rooms, the hotel offers tourists and business travelers local services such as food and beverage, a cafe, shops, and studios for musicians. Feature stairways on the side of the building at the junction of Simon-von-Utrecht-Strasse und Budapester Strasse have been transformed into planted balconies interlinking all levels and offering guests a high level of amenity and quality views during their stay.
The hotel building has been awarded DGNB Gold certification thanks to the high sustainability standards implemented.
Drees & Sommer supported STRABAG Real Estate (SRE) during the DGNB certification process, as well as providing such special services as assessment of lifecycle costs and environmental impact. Drees & Sommer also provided building ecology consulting.