The Future Biotechnology Market – A Healthy Investment
TEVA Biotech GmbH, Ulm
Wood (Amec Foster Wheeler Italia) with Milan office as EPCM contractor
Approx. 45.000 m²
With a height of 36.5 meters and a floor area of some 4,700 square meters, the new building will not only create 300 jobs in Ulm, but also produce complex biotechnological active ingredients. As the global market leader in generics, this investment reflects Teva’s increasing focus on the field of biotechnological pharmaceuticals.
Drees & Sommer supported the company in its goal of speeding up the project.
The experts started by undertaking a 360-degree analysis and then took over overall construction management during the course of the project.
Although the EPCM contractor was in charge of construction, the Drees & Sommer team contributed significantly to reducing the customer’s workload in the area of managing the construction processes as well as coordinating the entire TEVA team during the execution phase.
- International know-how, enduring motivation, coordinative and construction expertise
- highly complex biotechnology production facility with two production lines and the highest possible degree of automation
- overall TEVA construcion
- construction management
- site management representing the client to EPCM contractor
- negotiation of construction time extension with EPCM contractor and contractors
- fire protection
- cleanroom and facade expertise
- project communication system, data management